These brownies are the best kind of mashup — a cookie base with subtle coffee taste gives these fudgy brownies layers of flavor. The recipe borrows a classic brownie/chocolate cake technique by adding coffee to the batter, enhancing the richness of the chocolate. If you’d like a stronger coffee flavor, simply brew an extra strong cup.
While using our Trailblazer coffee in these brownies isn’t required… it is an excellent use for that leftover half a cup from your morning brew (speaking from delicious experience).
This recipe is a classic from our Lancaster, PA team member, Marsha!
Coffee and Cookie Brownies
- 1 – 16.5 – ounce roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 – 19.5 – ounce package milk chocolate brownie mix
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of cooled strong coffee
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press sugar cookie dough evenly into bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 – inch baking pan; set aside.
- In large bowl stir together eggs, brownie mix, vegetable oil and coffee until combined.
- Spread over sugar cookie dough.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 – 40 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
This recipe makes about 24 brownies.